Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shrimp Tales - G Squared at Dampa




The best ever deep fried, crisp, crunchy shrimp I have ever had, bar none is at G-Squared in Dampa along Macapagal Avenue in Pasay City.
It is so good that I can easily eat half a kilo and if I really pushed myself, I'm sure I could eat more.
Because G-Squared is a "paluto" type of restaurant, you can actually go and buy the shrimp yourself from the very complete wet market right outside the restaurant door.
I however prefer to sit and relax and have a cold beer while waiter does all the marketing.
A half kilo of good sized suahe, not too big and not too small, easily fills two plates. Seasoned perfectly with just salt and a little pepper, the shrimps are so crisp and tasty that you can eat every little bit -- from head to tail, nothing wasted, nothing left on the plate.
I sometimes like to dip the shrimps in vinegar with lots of garlic and chili, just as a taste breaker but it's perfect, just as it is.
If you've ordered a kilo of shrimp, the other half kilo can be made into a passable shrimp tempura.
G Squared can cook any kind of sea food you feel like having -- crabs, fish, squid, mussels even non sea food items like inihaw na liempo.
But believe me, once you've tried the crispy shrimp, it's what will keep you coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment