Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tous les Jours -- a french bakery in the City

I was at SM City North Edsa for the week-end and came upon a new bakery called Tous Les Jours or "everyday" in French. I was told that it's Korea's number one bakery and that this was their first branch in the country.


The name is certainly attractive enough and very prominent. Since it was new and it called itself an authentic french bakery -- I thought I'd try and test its authenticity.


The interiors are clean, spare and in a cool shade of green. The various breads, cookies and pastries are laid out in wooden trays.


I was excited to see my favorites like the financier -- a dense, buttery teacake and the madeleine, a lighter, small sponge cake with a scallop design.
With due respect to Proust -- these little cakes were tasty remembrances of things past and in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment