Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 3 - Berthillon Ice Cream on a 3C day in Paris

Berthillon is probably the most famous name in ice cream in Paris.
It's been around since the 1950s and reputedly makes the best ice creams and sorbets in the city, some say - in the whole of France.
What makes their products so good -- they claim not to use any artificial ingredients, everything is made from fresh fruits and natural flavors.
I'm not so fond of ice cream but on this trip, I decided that a visit to Berthillon was something I finally had to fit in.


It's very easy to find Berthillon, you go behind the Notre Dame and cross the bridge that connects the Ile de la Cite to the Ile St. Louis.


And voila -- as they say in France -- there it is! Actually, this salon de the is Berthillon's sit down restaurant. The ice cream is made and sold for take away, in cones or in gallons, a few doors away.



And here I am, enjoying my double scoop of framboise and chocolat.
Even for a non ice cream eater like me, I must admit, I enjoyed it very much.
The framboise sorbet was a blend of sweet and tart, just like biting into the fruit.
But more than that, finally enjoying Berthillon was an iconic experience on a cold but brilliantly sunny day in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment