Wednesday, May 23, 2012

An Italian Chill

I have beer tastes -- and a beer budget.  My favorite book title is the one that states "Beer is God's way of saying He loves me". Micro brewed, canned, draft but most specially bottled -- it puts a smile on my face each and every time.
Wine is something that I have never really had an affinity for -- I wouldn't know what brand or variety to choose and it all seems so complicated.  Wine gives me a severe inferiority complex and makes me feel unsophisticated and plebeian.
Until I discovered Lambrusco!


An Italian light, frizzy and frothy wine, lambrusco comes primarily from the Emilia-Romagna area and is really considered as a good cheap wine.  A bottle sells for less than P400! 
Most lambrusco are red wines but since I do not like red wines at all, lambrusco bianca is what works for me.
It's sparkling, young and easy on the throat -- I can drink an entire bottle in one afternoon. 
Which is what did on this hot and humid Sunday.  I chilled a bottle in the refrigerator and broke it open in mid afternoon.  
I closed my eyes and imagined myself at the piazza di Spagna, dipping my toes in the cool waters of the fontana della barcaccia!

No comments:

Post a Comment