Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 13 : Escargots Etc.






For my last entry in this thread of posts about what I ate in Paris, allow me to reminisce about what I enjoyed these past two weeks.
Not all of it was French food but all of it was good.
Escargots, quiches galore, shawarmas, goat milk cheese, sheep milk cheese, "raw" cheese, hard cheese, runny cheese. Cold cuts from my little boucherie along Rue Mouffetard, tartiflette, magret de canard, framboises with creme ... store bought food, food cooked at "home", artisanal food, commercially produced food, food from high end restaurants and from corner brasseries.
As a wise man said, "Dieting is murder on the road. Show me a man who travels and I'll show you one who eats".
Or, to paraphrase that I travel and so I will eat.
Merci beaucoup, Paris.
A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment