Saturday, April 2, 2011

Paid in Pork


Before you think that this post is about your local congressman, well it's not.
Not too many people know that I have been a "Part time Lecturer" (at least that's what it says on my annual contract) at the Communication Arts Department of the Ateneo de Manila University since 2001.
This November will mark my 10th year of teaching and it's been a very fulfilling 10 years.
Aside from the personal and professional fulfillment that teaching brings, I also feel that it's a way for me to pay back something to the school that trained me and the industry that nurtured me.
But lest you think that I am this altruistic do-gooder, waking up early every Saturday for six months a year, traversing the length of C5, getting mired in midday traffic on the way back -- well, teaching has a major perk for me.
That's the opportunity to be in the weekly presence of the greatest inihaw na liempo and fried pork chop in the planet.
Manang's Canteen.
Fellow Ateneans, need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment