Friday, September 9, 2011

Park Hotel Shiodome ... great location and great view!

Tokyo is a terrific place to visit and thanks to my work at Dentsu, I get to go a couple of times a year. I stay at the same hotel every time -- The Park Hotel Shiodome. Aside from the fact that it's a hop and a skip away from the Dentsu office, I like the elegant, stylish, serene ambience of the hotel.

Park Hotel occupies floors 25 to 34 of the Shiodome Media Tower building which also houses the Kyodo News, a non profit news agency. Shiodome is a relatively new district of Tokyo, it's near the luxurious shops in the Ginza area and the very convenient Shimbashi subway and train station.

The lobby of the hotel is on the 25th floor and features an atrium which goes all the way up to the 34th floor. This makes for a very open and airy feel. The lobby also includes a lounge area with a baby grand piano where on some nights, live jazz music is performed.


The rooms are not very big, as is typical of hotel rooms in Tokyo, but they are comfortable and quietly stylish. Interiors are in warm beige with bold dashes of red. The bed comes with four pillows in varying options -- soft and squishy or with a bit more support.
There is a flat screen tv and free internet access.
The mini bar includes half a bottle of champagne, cans of Asahi beer and bottled water from Dean and Deluca. Not to mention, complimentary drip coffee and really good green tea.


This is one of the best things I like about the Park Hotel -- I always book a room that gives me a view of the city with the Tokyo Tower in the distance. On a clear day, I can even see Mt. Fuji!


The same view is what greets me when I come back from meetings at night. The best way to relax after a long day of meetings is to curl up on the window seat and stare at Tokyo's lights -- with a can of Asahi Super dry beer in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment